Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mission Accomplished

At the beginning of June I set out to feature a different Close To My Heart stamp set every day in honor of Stampaganza. I missed one day ... but I'm ok with it because on some days I featured more than one stamp set. I'm not gonna lie. This wasn't easy. I was tempted to call it quits.  BUT today I'm here to finish strong. I like to think of this last post as the Grand Finale ... like when you go to a fireworks show. I used Remarkable Wreath to make 8 different cards. This is my first time using it. It was fun to try out a variety of combos. AND I used every stamp in the set except the little bow.  I'd rather use real bows.


I used this week's Operation Write Home sketch (with a bit of a diversion on the ribbon - that's how I roll). Since CTMH paper is double sided this was the perfect sketch. I cut a base piece the size of the card & then sliced an inch off of the side and turned it over. The cutting and pasting part of these cards was a snap. I did them all with scraps that I have left from other projects. It seems to me that every card can be made from scraps since the canvas is so small.


The stamping didn't turn out to be mass produced because I was having so much time mixing and matching the colors and the stamps for a wide variety of effects. I really do love how every single wreath turned out. It makes me want to decorate my front door.


Today is the last day to buy two stamps set and get one free. You have until midnight tonight to shop on my website ... www.shellynemitz.ctmh.com. Another great promotion starts on July 1st. 





4 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! This is one of my favorite stamp sets for sure. You did a fabulous job using different colors and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite for sure! Congrats on finishing strong! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That really is a remarkable wreath! I love them all, but the blue one with the pearls had me literally drawing in my breath when I scrolled down to it. THAT, to me, is the fireworks extravaganza finale! Now I really, need that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore all your cards, I have that set and think I will get it out right now and try some cards!!
    Thanks for sharing your great projects!
    I am following your blog for sure.
    www.grammiejudys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great cards! it is too hard to pick a favorite! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete