Tuesday, November 24, 2015

We Are So Thankful ... Sangria Blog Hop

Welcome to my blog. I'm participating in a brand new blog hop. Close To My Heart is a great big happy family. Thanks to Facebook we know each other from all over world. This blog hop represents friends who all share their love of paper creating. Those are some of the best friends to have. Make sure to watch for a link at the end of this blog to hop on to the next blog. This is a small group so you can easily pop in and see everything in one sitting.

I am oh so thankful for my family every single day. I can't just cram it all into one Thursday in November. Here's a scrapbook layout capturing my thankfulness for our parent's weekend with our beautiful college freshman Olivia. She brings us so much joy.


It's just a couple of days until Thanksgiving. In commemoration of that day this layout is primarily constructed out of leftovers. I rarely toss out ANY sort of scraps. PLUS, when I agreed to work with Sangria I had no idea I had so very little of it left. Isn't it awesome to use up what we have?

All of the Cricut cuts on this layout were tucked in with my leftover Sangria paper. I even had the negative cuts of the leaves from another project I did. One of the oddest things is that the leaves in the top right corner even had adhesive on them already. I'm not kidding when I say I rescue everything.





There are also "leftovers" from my Enchantment Fundamental Stickers. "GRATEFUL" was easy enough to just peel off and stick down. BUT I also had to have "SMILE". I love the honey color. Even though I had already used the original stickers, I cut out what was left so I could have that word all over again! It doubles the value of the sticker sheet.





AND ... one last extreme close up ... here's my favorite thing to do with CTMH Twine. Tie a knot, fray the end and pull out the Mini Stapler. Easy AND adorable.

Thank you so much for checking out my blog today. To make sure you see everything hop along to see what Stephanie has created to express her thankfulness by clicking HERE!

5 comments:

  1. I am sooooo thankful for you hopping with us! I do not know what to mention first as there are so many brilliant details here. I adore your "smile" lettering--such a worthwhile save! Also, I can actually hear those crumpled leaves! Fabulous layout my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Another fellow scrap saver! Love the way you implemented the amount of Sangria you had left! Those small details have a big impact on your layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout, Shelly! You would have never known you were low on Sangria, to me you achieved the perfect balance. I also I love how you added the smile on the photo, very clever. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your details. My favorite are the cut outs of the leaves. It looks like you had a lovely day and have preserved the memory beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout Shelly! You can't tell this layout is made of scraps. I love the use of the negative space with the leaves and the word smile! Thanks for the twine tip too! I love the look of that!

    ReplyDelete