Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Prototyping

Sometimes when an idea pops into my head it's not finished. That's why I have to practice "prototyping". I use scrap papers to get the basic design together. AND then I cut up the paper I actually want to use. It's especially true when other people are going to be making a card I've designed.

Here's a recent evolution! This is the prototype, not too bad but ...


The basic paper background seemed ok, so I went ahead and made it with the paper I want to use ... Chantilly. Hmmmmmmmm ... without the floral background stamping there was too much whiteness. BUT I know a few people who won't like the background stamping.  NEXT? 


I need to cover more of the card base so I pulled out an old WOTG the instruction sheet. I remember that the pattern was similar to what I was attempting.  CTMH always has the BEST designs. Why do I even bother to try my own?

 ... now we're getting somewhere. I'm a fan. 


I made a second version for those who don't like to tie bows OR want to make a Mother's Day card. The bird is back!!! I just love this little guy with the Chantilly paper pack.  You should be able to see that the last two cards are essentially the same thing with a little rotation.  It's easy to make one OR the other with the exact same paper pieces AND the same stamp set. WOO HOO ... simplified.


For those who are wondering ... YES ... this is one of the cards that will be featured in the Chantilly card kit that will be introduced in just a few days. I can't wait to show you everything. I hope you'll love it all as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. I love that--the bird is back! I did notice several birds in the new IB--must be a trend. I really like ALL of these cards...the last one is my fave though! I love how you put a few shapes together and BAMMO--you get a great card! Speaking of birds...I better go get busy with my latest homework! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... homework ... mysterious?

    ReplyDelete