Sunday, June 3, 2012

Look What I Found

Here's my "crutch" for today ... http://www.colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/ 

HaHaHa ... some days a girl needs some sort of directions to follow. I was so excited to discover this blog with a color dare each week. It was fun to jump right in for today's blog.  I absolutely adore this color combo so it wasn't too hard to pick it up and run.
Here's my "official" entry in the challenge since it uses ALL Close To My Heart products and includes the use of a sketch from the Wishes how to book. (page 27)

oops ... products have to be 100% current.
That means the little ribbon and the lagoon button don't count. Maybe next time. 

I would've made this card my entry if I thought it was ok to add a little pop of orange. I'm not exactly sure how the "dare" works so far.


Today I'm featuring the 4 My Friend stamp set. Yesterday I used it for the "wishing you Congrats" sentiment. The scary part is that I chose it since it was already sitting out on the table. How's that for detailed planning?? This is an AWESOME set for anyone who wants a variety of sentiments for basic cards. There are three other sentiments that I didn't use. Make sure to check it out. Some of these cards use NON- CTMH product when it comes to ribbon. Ribbon is fun to collect. I rarely purchase anything but CTMH, but I love ribbon with pictures on it. Aren't these birds adorable. I can't wait for my June Stamp of the Month to get here. It's all going to go together so well.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly, I'm so glad that you got to participate this week. All your cards are great. I had a little bit of that Splendor B&T left, but not enough to use on my project. I'm glad you thought to use it! The pop of orange looks great, but to follow the rules of the dare, you were right to use only the colors listed (plus neutrals are okay). Other products are allowed, but you get bonus points if you use 100% CTMH. Thanks for playing, and good luck!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! This is my fave analogous color scheme. I've yet to use that blue/green scroll print from "Dotty" and now I'm wondering why because these cards are so beautiful. Love the pop of orange BTW!

    ReplyDelete