Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My First EVER Sketch Challenge

Today I'm trying something new ... a sketch challenge.  These kinds of challenges are all over the blogosphere. They haven't really seemed like my "thing", but who doesn't like a good challenge?


The best part is that the sketch comes from Operation Write Home, which is an extremely welcoming community. People are creating cards for a cause ... and I loooooooooove the cause.  I can't actually send this card to OWH because it would be long overdue. They're actually collecting "love cards" at this point for the Valentine season and beyond. My next box at the end of November will be a mixture of cards, including a few love cards. If you want to participate with me just give me your cards and I'll take care of the mailing. OR they make it very easy to send your own.

I love OWH for posting up a sketch that made me look like a genius designer without much effort. So simple ... you can make one too. Check out what other people have done with the sketch by clicking HERE. It's so much fun to see what different people do with the same design.



4 comments:

  1. very cool Shelly! I haven't had time to be creative in forever :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pumpkin! Hope you love the challenges! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Shelly! Love those fall colors and that pumpkin image is so cool. And I'm thrilled you picked us for your first ever sketch - hope to see you every week! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love the pumpkin shading, the touch of green is very nice and natural.

    ReplyDelete