Sunday, May 15, 2016

HAPPY TIMES Rose Blossoms Blog Hop


Welcome to the Happy Times Blog Hop with the most creative creators I know.  It's really such an honor to be a part of this hop every single time I'm able to take part. You may have come from oh so creative Lynn Darda's Bungalow or you're starting right here. Whatever the case please hop all the way around the circle so you don't miss a single creation.

Today we're focusing in on the HAPPY TIMES Special. There's a paper pack AND a stamp set. OF COURSE they go together and both are only available during the month of May. I don't know about you but I'm beyond excited to see what everyone has created with these beautiful products.

For the first time ever I'm dedicating a blog post to someone ... my beautiful daughter Olivia. You've seen her here before and her picture is bound to show up again and again in these blog hops. As I write this post she's entering finals week to finish off her freshman year of college. WOW!!! How in the world did that happen so fast?

Olivia has been having a lot of Happy Times as her first year of college comes to a close. At the same time she has been strong and learned a lot about how to overcome in circumstances that she didn't expect to find herself in. At the end of the day rising above difficulty produces more Happy Times as a person learns to be confident in who she is even when things aren't an overwhelming success. 

OLIVIA
On with the creativity ... A person is not supposed to assume so I'm just guessing that you will see the shiny, flowery, pinkish beauty of these papers throughout this hop. Trust me when I tell you that I've used all of those papers for layouts but I've chosen to show you the blue/green side of things.

Here are the two pages of the layout I created. I'm not showing them to you next to each other until the end. I neeeeeeeed your help so please weigh in!! These pictures are from Olivia's 19th birthday dinner right before she left for college. 



I decided to completely embrace the gold foil aspects of this paper pack even though these papers themselves don't highlight that. They really look great with so many of the amazing gold embellishments available. In fact, I may have gone overboard with the foil & the overlays because it made these pages VERY difficult to photograph without the reflection of something in the wrong spot. SO ... here are a couple of close ups to cut some of the spectacular glare.


Here's my focal point. Do you see all the pretty gold? If you want to check it out on my website I've used the Fundamentals Stickers Basic, the Gold Foil Tape, and the Bling Gems Gold.

This is a close up of one of the new PML cards in gold. I can't even begin to tell you how awesome these are.  It's no secret that I love my watercolors and here's another great reason to use them.


Here you have one of the PML overlays in gold. You can see several of these on the layout in the first pictures. They are clear with gold & silver features. I cut this one to fit the space shown but they fit right over your photos. Check out the "be happy" one above. 

OK ... so here's where I need you. I designed these pages with one layout in mind but in the process of trying to get pictures I started looking at the pages the other way too. What do you think? How should I put them in my album? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!





Thank You for hopping with us today. Your next stop is Kim Hill. She is sure to delight you with something you never thought of making before but after seeing it you're going to want to.


5 comments:

  1. I love that you used the blue/green side - this paper is actually really versatile when you start playing with it! I also love all the gold - you really can't have too much of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Morgan and I love the gold accents with the blue/green. Great layout showcasing your DD and her birthday. Mine just graduated from college and I am having a hard time believing how fast that went. My favorite design element in your creation is the PML card that you painted with your watercolors. That turned out beautiful and it inspires me to get mine out and paint them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! You really created such a fantastic display of wonderfulness in all the product you shared and the great color choice in the paper. I love that you brought out the blues and greens! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jkust love your layouts! You can't go wrong with any of the paper selections in this packet, can you? I love the colors you selected-- so soothing, and of course, Olivia is the star of the show. Those overlays are so fun! I like the second layout configuration the best. It just flows! Gorgeous work, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT layout. The gold is perfection! I especially love your gold photo overlay!

    ReplyDelete