Saturday, August 31, 2013

Q - Quaint


Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop! For this hop we will be featuring the letter Q. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment.  Whatever the crafter has chosen as her Q element will be featured in her post. 

If you came from Janna Gray - The Creative Princess then you're on the right track!


 

The word "QUAINT" came up in my discussion of Q words. (Yes, I've been talking about it with my whole family. We have a very long list.) Right away I thought about these pictures from a trip I took this summer to a small town in Iowa. It's an event that I can't wait to scrapbook and now I've gotten started!!

This simple little layout is a base to several flip flaps. Those pages aren't QUITE ready yet.  In the end what you see here won't even show until the flaps are opened. It makes me less concerned about the QUALITY. I just wanted to get something done QUICKLY. Even with speed and minimal embellishments I still love how it all turned out.


Since I'm the QUEEN of scraps I used some here. In a recent preparation for a class I cut the wrong doily ... 11 times!!!!! So of course I saved them all. That's a QUIRK I have (saving everything). I'm happy to be able to use up two of them here. I won't QUIT trying to use them until they're all gone.

Hopefully you'll notice I used a QUOTE on the right page. It says ... "Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine." --Anthony J. D'Angelo  That's some excellent advice.

Thanks for hopping by. Your next stop is ... . Elizabeth at Broken Treasures.

Here's the complete line up ...

1. Linda Norman - Scrappy Therapy
2. Janna Gray - The Creative Princess
3. Shelly Nemitz - Just One Piece
4. Elizabeth Mindemann - Broken Treasures
5. Shalana Glass - Scrappin With Shalana

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! I love that alphabet stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, this is PERFECT! Oh, man, that didn't start with Q....lol! Love how you were able to sneak it in there though! Brilliantly written! :) Bring on the finished page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, love how you worked the letter Q in! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your"Q"'s. Isn't it fun when a hop or challenge gets you inspired to do something you wanted to do! Nice page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, you were definitely sunshine that weekend!!! We loved having you in our quaint town. I do look at our town square a bit differently now that you oooohed and aaaahed over it while you were here. :) Can't wait until you come back again!

    ReplyDelete