Saturday, May 18, 2013

J - Juniper


  
Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop! For this hop we will be featuring the letter J. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as her J element will be featured in her post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Amber's blog ~ Scrapper's Therapy

If you came from Shalana's blog then you're on the right track!

SO ... Awhile ago there was a challenge blog that used just ONE color ... JUNIPER. It doesn't sound like a challenge, but it was trickier than three colors. You can see it right here ... One Color Color Dare. I saved photos of the process for this ABC adventure.

First of all ... I made 25 cards at one time with Juniper.  Overall I loved the result even though it seemed really difficult at first. Some of my favorite cards are at the end of this post (don't worry, I won't make you look at all 25!!!).


FIRST ... I took out all of the Juniper paper scraps I had on hand. All of pieces were sorted by size. From there everything was matched up with the largest pieces being used first to come up with a wide variety of card bases ... which were also sorted once they were finished. You'll see a few "cheaters" according to the Color Dare rules, but I just couldn't leave some of the pretty pieces turned over.


Once I was finished there were this many scraps left over. AND I threw them all away. Here's the evidence!!! Since I'm not well known for throwing things away I'm putting it here for everyone to see. If I didn't think you'd believe me I'd put a picture of them in the even larger garbage!!
 
OK ... back to the fun part. Once I had all of the finished card bases I took out a bunch of leftover embellishements and a couple of stamp sets.

AND ta da ..... 25 finished cards. You'll see a few of my favorites below. You'll notice that I really couldn't stick to just one color most of the time!! 







Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Linda Norman.
Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way:)

1. Amber La Mons ~ Scrapper's Therapy
2. Lucy Kelleher ~ Love 2 Create
3. Shalana Glass ~ Scrappin with Shalana
4. Shelly Nemitz ~ Just One Piece
5. Linda Norman ~ Scrappy Therapy
6. Theodora ~ Celebrate Crafts

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great use of all those scraps. These are beautiful cards, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! You always amaze me! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think I was ecstatic about actually making TWO at once yesterday! LOL!!! You not only succeeded in quantity, but quality as well...these are each so unique with the different embellishments. I always love the tidbits you add to your cards. Home run, Shelly! :)

    ReplyDelete