Monday, April 8, 2013

Color Dare #37

JUNIPER ... yep that's it, just one color this week at the Color Dare ... What? I literally scrolled to the bottom of the post to see if it was an April Fools joke. How daring can that be? You have no idea until you try it yourself. Neutrals are allowed on the Color Dare, but that's it for other other colors.

It's simple and hard all at once.

When I went to my "go to" paper (scraps) I had a stack of juniper pieces all the same size so I went with it. The less cutting the better in my opinion. I was able to make six backgrounds. Then I dug through my pre-cut pieces and miscellaneous doo-dads to come up with these creations. You'll see that I slowly allowed more colors to creep in!!







These are 6 of the 25 cards I made using Juniper. YES ... 25!!! I went through quite a scrappy process to create them. In a few weeks you'll see even more Juniper in the ABC Blog Hop I take part in.

4 comments:

  1. You have been very busy with the Juniper ink and having a lot of creative outflow. Way to go. Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Color my Heart this week. I enjoyed seeing six of the cards you have made! My personsl favorite is the one with swallow flying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pam, I like all your cards but the swallow is my fave. Thanks so much for joining us at Color My Heart. When we got the challenge color I thought to myself, "What! Juniper plus NOTHING? Yikes!" It's been fun to see all the different interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25!!!! That has got to be a record of some sort!!! Aren't scraps the BEST? My favorite is the very first one...and I am considering myself hugged! ;) Thanks so much for playing along with us this week, Shelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one and the second one and the third one. :) But I really like the b&w polka dotted cluster on the first card! Thanks for playing this week at Color My Heart, Shelly!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete