Monday, May 28, 2012

Pinning with Purpose

This morning I did a little Memorial Day Blog Hoppin'. And I saw this EZ card.

So I did the most creative thing I could do at the moment and I Pinned it to my Pinterest board called "CARDS". Oh boy do I have a lot of beautiful ideas collected. BUT I don't have a pile of cards or scrapbook pages to show for it. Some days that bugs me. So I made the card I pinned the same day I discovered it. Once I got started I realized that this is such an easy design to make four of all at once.

I cut four card shaped pieces (in this case 4.25 x 3.75). Then I cut them all equally. Once I had 4 piles I mixed and matched. Of course I couldn't stick with the original layout so I played with the arrangement. AND here's what I have to show for my 15 minutes on Pinterest ... YAY!!
Flower, button, ribbon, bling ... too easy.

Coordinating embellishments ... popped.


Just some stuff that I had & stickers.
Cut out the birdhouse from scraps.



It's so great to have a basic background design that can be decorated a bajillion different ways. These cards came together quickly as I pulled bits & pieces out of my stash of doo-dads.

So ... taking your pinning to its ultimate level ... CREATE something.



No comments:

Post a Comment