Sunday, October 23, 2011

Scrapperific


Scraps of every size are safe from the garbage bin at my house. I save every little bit!!!  It seems like I have a problem until something scrapperific comes out of it. Today I cut every scrap of green Close To My Heart paper into triangles. I love the results ... a stack of cards ready to be adorned.

Once when I was making some cards like this my daughter had a friend over. She stopped to watch me for a minute and said, "that seems like a lot of work for just a card."  HA!!!  There's no such thing as "just" a card unless it sits in a box somewhere collecting dust. These backgrounds are actually fast to make now that I have a system. Even if they were a lot of work I'd still do it to send a little joyful note someone's way.Whoever receives this note is worth every moment of my time.

I'm excited to be preparing another box of cards to send to Operation Write Home.  It's the last chance to send Christmas cards. If you want to contribute to an amazing organization with hand made cards I'll slip them in my box.  For more info check out the Operation Write Home website.

No comments:

Post a Comment